Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cruelty- Free

I love shopping at my store, but I am realizing I buy a TON of products that are not cruelty-free. It is no longer necessary for companies to test their products on animals, to make those animals suffer unduly for our products. I am going to try to cut back on my purchases, and to buy only products that are cruelty-free or who donate their proceeds to a charity, or do something else for the community. I know that leaves me a big window, but I am pretty sure I have a hefty shopping addiction...I will do my best to consume wisely. (Thats an oxymoron if I ever heard one)

I did some research to figure out what companies I could safely buy with no buyers remorse and I found a long list of products we do not sell at my store. I also realized that many companies are the parents of smaller companies, so it is hard to tell who belongs to what and what kind of damage they may be doing.

I'm trying to live more green and cruelty-free and eco-friendly and whatever else is good for the world but I am finding it hugely overwhelming and stressful. I feel like a bad person if I don't make the radical changes in my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment