Sunday, October 30, 2011

Grandma in a Yellow Sweater

This little old lady in a giant bright (daisy) yellow sweater was looking at the L'oreal makeup. For a while. I caught her eye while I was at the Cosmetics counter and she called me over. From the side she looked kind of like my grammy, so I was happy to help her. Her "special gentleman friend" was telling her about our in-store coupon tag, so I got them the booklet. She had already moved on to bigger and better ideas, and told her man to stay in the lipstick section, holding onto her lipstick that she accidentally already put back. She wanted to go look for a product she didn't want him to know she used. Which was a nose-hair trimmer. I directed her over there, and her man was already in that aisle because apparently she didn't understand what she meant when she told him to stay put. She finally told him in a friendly, firm way that she needed to find something on her own. He eventually toddled off to the register. She was so friendly, and funny that it was a pleasure to assist her. I wish all old people were like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment