Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

I got to work at 6:55am and clocked out at 4:28pm. We were super-busy. I called for a second and even third cashier from 11:30am and on till I got off. I didn't even get a chance to put the ciggs up. Corporate came in and made me nervous.
We give out candy on Halloween, especially to people in costume. These two girls who were probably around 14 were buying a bunch of Halloween make-up. One girl had an orange sweatshirt with a Jack-o-Lantern face. She had a big green bow/stem in her hair. They were cute and not at all bitchy, so I offered them candy.
"Trick or treat?" I said, and passed the pumpkin bucket. The pumpkin girl's face just lit up!
"For me? Really?"
"Yeah, Happy Halloween. You want a few pieces too?" I asked her friend.
"And did you want those glosses you have in your hand?" She did want both of those things, it turned out.
I didn't wear a costume, but I have a Halloween t-shirt and I wore extra-heavy eye make-up today. (Cat-eye eyeliner and gray/black shadow with black mascara). Some woman commented on my "Halloween make-up" and pointed to my cat-eyes. I told her that I usually wear it like that, and she tried to back-track a little. "Oh, well, it looks great." "Well, I did put more than usual on because of the holiday."
A couple came in a bought four bags of candy. I recognized her, and she is usually very nice. A few hours later she says she had forgotten her bag of candy. I told her I didn't have it at my register, yes I do remember her, I thought she grabbed her bag (otherwise I would have said something). She wanted me to comp her the candy. I told her I had to ask my manager. She talked to him briefly, I said I was pretty sure she had taken it away from the register. She was so sad and upset about it and I offered to ask my manager if we could look at the security camera. But she said no. Then she started tearing up and it made me really sad, but why wouldn't you want to look at the video to see where your damn candy went? (I know why.)
Anyway, it was kind of fun working today. People were more playful that usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment