Thursday, August 7, 2014

Almost Done Here

An older lady, whom I've seen before, asked how I was doing standing all day. She has never inquired about my well-being before. She said in Russia, where she is from, the preggos (my wording) get 2 months before their due date and one year off after. It is unbelievable to me that the good ole' U.S of A. doesn't have maternal and prenatal care like that. I guess we enjoy guilting our workers and making folks work till they die. She hesitated at my register and then noticed the customer behind her and said,
"Next time."

I shared my tragic news with a fellow couponer: I washed a high-value store coupon in my washing machine. I had forgotten to take it out of my uniform pocket. She had the appropriate response.

We were really busy today. And I got three customers who were very difficult:
1) The Russain woman who can't speak enough English to understand me when I tell her how to use her Link card.
2) The Indian family who can't do math, based on how much stuff they needed me to put back. They let their toddler eat 2 Dum-Dums while checking out, then all 5 of them took swigs out of the warm 2 liter they bought.
3) The 2 youngish kids, early high school, who couldn't get their Link to work. I had to void out their order and re-ring. They weren't annoying, they just held up my line.

Feels weird to say "tomorow is my last day."

No comments:

Post a Comment