Friday, August 8, 2014

My Last Day

I got a card and a $30 gift card from staff/management, which I think is really nice. And unexpected.

Today was my last day of work before I am on maternity leave. Fuck yes!!

Four boys came in, apparently on bikes, and one had their bike stolen. I saw nothing and I felt terrible. A friend of theirs recognized the bike being driven by the perp and took it back. The cops were called, but they arrived a half hour later and didn't make a report. (Maybe this is the hood).

While ringing up a woman probably not that much younger than myself, I started smelling what I thought might be really bad pot ( hey, it's been awhile). She asked me if she smelled kind of like skunk. Her dog just got sprayed. I told her she did.

I watched my manager put his hand on an unknown child's shoulder as he was walking by. Creepy. The kid looked weirded out .

Me, the new guy, and manager got out 25 minutes late.

No comments:

Post a Comment