Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Not Last Night But The Night Before...

I have been without internet for the past few days. Yes, I could have gone to my mother's, or the library. And I might have, if this had been a term paper.

The Day Before Yesterday:
My boss thinks it is a good idea to schedule the second shift Register One at 5:30 pm and my end time at 4:30 pm. I asked someone to cover for me; after standing around an extra 10 minutes, I usually figure it out. As I was thanking and leaving the gentleman who was standing in, I yank my water bottle off the register. I had not screwed the top on all the way and almost succeeding in dousing the poor boy. I managed to locate a roll of paper towels and finally got the hell outta there.

Yesterday:
One of my favorite co-workers told me he felt like was a piece of meat. He was being bossed around by three ladies, and I believe he was the only male on duty. We had him doing our heavy lifting and grunt work. I told him to grab the boxes that were "eye-level". Given that there is about a foot height difference between us, this might be poor instruction. Besides, the boxes I really needed were at shin-level.

Today:
I had an opportunity to be difficult to a customer that was previously very rude to me. I heard her talking shit about me, and I pretended I didn't hear. I also pretended I didn't know what she wanted when I absolutely did. My fave co-worker gave her the same blank stare I did. Thats' what happens, bitch.
Two people bought pregnancy tests today. One woman told me she "didn't really even know the fool". She was very annoyed but didn't seem too stressed. I gave her good vibes. The other woman was just standing there on her phone while her man (wearing a grey t-shirt with a multi-colored cat face wearing giant multi-colored sunglasses) bought it for them. He is just over 18, which I know because he smokes American Spirits Light Greens. Good luck to them. I wonder if either of them saw me as a sign. I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment