Monday, November 5, 2012

The Crazies

This woman came in and overpaid me. The change machine gave her her change and she refused to take it. I asked if she wanted to take the 17 cents out of the 37 cents she gave me and she looked at what she was giving me, looked at me, and said
"That is 17 cents. And that is all you are getting. I do not get any change."
The last time I tried to give her money back ($1) she told me I was stupid and that my lip ring made me look foolish. So I did not argue with her. Today I detected a faint English or Irish accent. I also noticed she wore houseshoes out and had a terry-cloth nightgown under her coat. Her hair is cut in a pixie and her glasses are oddly outdated. Something about her doesn't feel right.

Two people asked me to ring their stuff up seperate when they realized they didn't have enough for both items at once. I tried to tell them that ringing seperate would not help their lack of funds, but one person was slow and the other was a child, so they had me do it anyway. Just to check.

A lady told my manager and I that she pays $1.50 extra each month to have her phone number unlisted, so she did not want to give us her number to get the store card. She said she is never shopping here again. But that the store by her house will give her the discount because they know her. (This is probably not true).

Those middle-school bitches who are so rude to me got kicked out of the store today. By our new EXA. I told him I had been trying to do that for years. Yes sir!

It would be awful not to be able to trust your own mind. Or would it be worse to think you could and have people contradict you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment