Wednesday, August 10, 2011

In The Ghetto

It has been a while since I updated the world (i.e. my two members) on the goings-on at work...and for that, I apologize.
While I was gossiping with my manager about a co-worker, I said "shut the fuck up". It was part of the story, and I speak like that often, so my manager didn't mind. While I was talking, three dudes walked in and mean-mugged me, then walked out, still mean-muggin'. After I said "shut the fuck up" as part of my story, one guy looked a me all sorts of crazy. A few seconds later his friend comes in and said
"What did you just say to me?"
"What?"
"Did you just tell me to shut the fuck up? Were you talking to me?"
"Heelllll no, man! If I was talkin' to you, you would know because I would look right at you! ok?"
"Yeah. Ok."
He walks out. I go on my break and sit in my car and smoke. I see the three out my review mirror. They look like they are part of a pick-up or drop-off coalition. They run up to several different vehicles. I have a faint fear they are waiting for me. Before I went back in, I see an officer speaking with them. I go back inside and ask my boss if he called the cops. If so, why? He says
"No, not this time. Why? They're out there? Thats cool, huh?"
Incidentally, I don't think its cool. An officer approaches my register so I ask him if that was him talking to those guys out there. It was, and then he asks me if I thought it was dumb that he was. Like he was second-guessing himself and needed my advice and/or reassurance. Very weird. I gave him a replay of their activities at my store, and mentioned it looked like they were picking up or dropping off. He said a customer of ours called the cops. According to many of the folks who shop and work at my store, the neighborhood is getting ghetto. I tell them they ain't seen nothin' yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment