Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Store Coupons and Manufacturer Coupons

Ok, so in the Sunday paper there were coupons for products in my store. These coupons are only valid at my retail chain. I thought we could treat them like regular manufacturer coupons and stack them with our in-store book coupons. Apparently that is not the case. They have our circular coupon coding so they are like the weekly coupons in our ad paper. So I can use them in conjunction with actual manufacturer coupons. But when I went to scan our coupon from the Sunday paper in conjunction with the coupon from our in-store booklet, the register told me the coupon had been already scanned. So apparently they have elements of a manufacturers coupon, (being found in a Sunday paper), our circular coupon (they have the same codes), and our in-store booklet coupons (the register knows them as the same). The lesson here is that coupons are confusing but important and that I should not tell people they can stack their coupons until I try to scan them.

Also, there is a new kid on board whom I have seen walking in the store while I was walking out. There might be another new person too, but this has not been verified. That is all I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment