Monday, September 12, 2011

$24

Early this morning, (like, before school), this girl came in and studied our gum section. She was pretty small, and maybe in 5th or 6th grade. She bought a Covergirl lipstain and gum. And she spent $24. When she saw her total, I expected that she would ask me to void a few items, but she just dug deeper in her coin purse. And she paid exact change, which I like. But $24?! My parents would not have let me walk around with that much money, let alone spend most of it on gum.

These two sisters came in and asked for a price check on various items in their cart. Which then they didn't want. The more talkative sister asked for the $2.99 item in the coffee section.
"It was $2.99 but nothing was there. But we would like to know what it was."
I checked for them, and they seemed unclear on what I had said, so they looked around and pretended I didn't say anything. Then she asks me for a delicious mint.
"They are small and fruity and minty. And they are delicious. What are they called?"
"I have no idea. Icebreakers, Altoids, Mentos? I don't know."
"They are in that family." Then she went to look at the mints. Tic-Tacs was what she was talking about. I also sold her a few packages of mints on clearance. She bought them out an asked for more. Very unclear on the concept of clearance. She calls a few hours later to ask if we have her mints. She can't find them anywhere and she wants to know what we did with them. I told her I didn't have them, and I know she walked out of the store with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment