Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Try To Be Friendly

Some old guy wanted to kiss me today...he was just "teasing" but he asked if he could. Probably because I have a lipring. I am really glad I don't work in sales where I have to wow the customers and laugh at their stupid and mean jokes. I do have to maintain a sense of customer satisfaction and sometimes that kills me. People seem to think they can say anything to me; be it sexual, racist or condescending in nature.

I bought Ben & Jerry's ice cream today (for $2.99 each) and I have a $2-off-two coupon. I bought them on my lunch break (which took longer than expected because a co-worker forgot my employee discount and had to get it voided, then got distracted by an argument about what Kim Kardashian is really famous for). I clocked in, then put them in the walk-in freezer (not the one in the break room). When I clocked out and went to go get it, I was startled by the wall of milk. It was four or five rows deep, stretching across the width of the fridge. Each stack was a milk crate taller than I am. I tried to squeeze through but my chest wouldn't fit and I was afraid of getting stuck. I went to go ask my manager if they were arranged in a particular way already, she said no, and I commenced moving them. Towards the end a male co-worker came in to help. Finally. I was able to get enough of them moved so I could squeeze through and open the freezer door just a smidge. That's what I get for not using the nasty break room facilities. It was like a really cold game of Tetrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment