Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gift Cards

If you purchase a gift card using a credit card, I need to see your ID. I won't let you buy a gift card with a gift card. If I ID you for cigarettes and you don't have it, then you don't have any smokes either. The minimum amount you can put on a GreenDot card is $20. If you look way under 18, I am not selling you that lighter, cough syrup or decongestant. I need to see your ID with that check. That is just the way things go.

This girl and her friend came in and asked where the gift cards were. They are right across from my register so I pointed over there and said "Right there." They got a DSW gift card and went to pick out a birthday card (yes I was ear hustling). When they got to my register my phone rang so I was trying to have two conversations at once. I told the girl if she was paying with a credit card I needed to see her I.D. She gave me a look, then held up her cards with her fingers over them. I told the guy on the phone to hang on for a minute, then as I was about to tell her I needed to see the full cards, she gave another look and said (in a super-bitchy tone) "You know what? I don't want it." I felt like she thought she was hurting my feelings when she said that because as she was walking away she starts telling her friend she has never been ID-d for a gift card, what the hell is that, blah, blah, blah. Obviously I just dodged a bullet right there, and I don't give a fuck if her friend doesn't get DSW shoes for her birthday. I'm just trying to do my damn job.

No comments:

Post a Comment