Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lollipops

A tall, kind of goofy looking gentleman comes in pretty frequently. He wears hip rubber bracelets and a fanny pack. I believe he is mentally unwell. While on my break one day, a car is waiting to turn right out of our parking lot. The car is in the way of the sidewalk and this guys kicks the car and starts screaming
"Get out of my way! Get the fuck out of my way!"
Another time one of my regulars was in front of him buying cigarettes and he kept saying
"I don't smoke. So I have money for milk."
Obviously, he was purchasing milk. I noticed he buys a lot of lollipops. Only a certain brand. We chat about them sometimes. Today he said he was saving the one he was buying today for Friday. He only eats the lollipops on Friday or Saturday night. He didn't need to buy one for this Saturday because he was going out. I said
"Isn't it a little early to be buying your lollipop for Friday?"
He said no, because he has a special spot he puts them that he only looks at on Friday and Saturday night. Sometimes he purchases them for a few weekends at a time. As he was leaving, I noticed one of the head pharmacists give him a crazy look. I said
"What's that look for, man? You don't like him?"
He proceeded to tell me that this gentleman couldn't get his prescription filled and he freaked out! He threw himself on the floor, screaming and looking like he might be having a seizure. He was really upset and was swearing, yelling and screaming. I am surprised I missed it. I usually have a sixth sense about stuff that like going on in my store. So because of that freak-out, pharmacy does not like that man. I do, because I appreciate his Lollipop schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment