Friday, September 2, 2011

This Is Our New Uniform?

Apparently we have new shirts we have to wear. I heard from a co-worker one of the district head honchos wants us to wear these t-shirts with a flu bug on the front. They are red. Red t-shirts do not look that great with khakis, in my professional opinion. I asked my manager and the assistant manager if I could still wear the navy blue button-ups I have. (Which do look pretty good with khakis.) They said it was ok. Before I clocked out I told them that on Monday  would be wearing the flu bug shirt as my work shirt. I asked several times if this was ok (they already think I might be a little slow due to my inability to remember my passwords). I told them that I don't want to come to work on Monday feeling like a fool in red. The store manager told me that as long as I wash them, everything will be o.k. I hope that wasn't a comment indicating that I should wash my other shirts more often. I really hope I'm not the smelly and sweaty girl.

When there is a lax dress code, people seem to go crazy. I, of course, am one of them. I seem to focus on the colors of my outfits more then anything else. This leads to me wearing sweats and over-sized pants, skimpy tops, and dirty sneakers. My thought is that we do actually get dirty at work. I have gotten milk, body wash, laundry detergent, dish detergent, industrial cleaning fluid, coffee, lotion and body spray spilled on me. I have sat in dirt and grime, while sweating. I do not work in an office so I feel that I should be able to wear outfits that allow me a little give.

The t-shirt thing throws me off too, because now I can wear collared shirts to work. Before I wouldn't because my navy shirts are collared and I don't think a double collar looks that great.

My other issue with these new shirts is that we have just been through a uniform change. Previously, we had button-ups or polos with our company logo on the back. Then they said that we could wear any blue shirt to work. That turned out to be a horrible plan because people were wearing blue tank tops and club shirts. For the record, I was not one of those people. Then we had a posting in the office that said by August 31st we ALL had to get dark blue polos or button-ups. Or t-shirts I guess. AND we had to wear a new name tag. They had these cute silver ones and then switched them to these tacky coach-like hanging ones. So I got my shirts and made sure not to lose my name tag and now they are changing it to the flu shirts. Although I'm sure the flu shirts will be out as soon as the flu season is over. Now choosing my outfit before work will take twice as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment