Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I Have No Control In That Matter

I have misplaced my notebook and I am once again fearing the worst.

I would have punched in on time today except the goddamn time clock didn't recognize my employee ID. It really irritates me that I am late (by a few minutes) so frequently. I tell myself what time I need to leave, I pack my purse and my lunch the night before, and I set out my outfit. What the hell else can I do?!

For those of you who encounter a cashier in your lifetime, please remember this: she has no control over store policy. She may or may not see the logic in it. All she does is enforce or inform. She does not set prices, raise taxes, or come up with promotions. She was not the one who thought of the member card. She was not the one who didn't put the new mylar up, leading to a price negotiation. Her feet are exceptionally puffy and her fetus is doing a lot of forward rolling, and she does not appreciate that look you just gave her. She has no control in that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment