Thursday, December 6, 2012

Liar, Liar

At approximately 8:01 this morning, a woman I do not like called me a liar. Repeatedly. And she said it wasn't nice that I was lying and that when she gets her credit statement back they will make me take a lie detector test and then everyone will know that I am a liar. Thank god I was able to drink half my second cup of coffee. The issue was that she either wanted the American Express cards she didn't pay for, and wanted to know why they weren't in her bag. Or she didn't want them and she felt like she was charged for them. The real issue here is that she probably doesn't know what the word "pending" means. Her daughter (who was with her on the original trip) seemed dazed and confused. I.e, slow. I will give the old woman props, though. She came back this afternoon and apologized to me. But it was a conditional apology, because she was sorry for now, but if her statement comes back and the charges are on it she won't be sorry anymore. And she had a few excuses for her behavior. (She was running late to a doctor's appointment and she shops at my store often and doesn't want people to be difficult towards her.) Still...at least she felt sort of bad.

My mother witnessed the apology but I'm not sure she was listening. Anytime I see Ma in the store, I feel like a dum-dum because it is either too early, or my shift is almost over and I am worn out from the day.

The new guy needs to watch his tone.

I'm asking my doctor tomorrow when I can start my sick leave. My feet and legs are so puffy, I feel like I need to drain them.

No comments:

Post a Comment