Monday, December 10, 2012

Marriage Makes You Ugly, Apparently

Two women were in line and one says to the other, with recognition in her voice,
"Heeeyyy! How are you?"
"Oh, hey! I'm good, how are you?"
"Fine.."
She looks at her more closely.
"Wait. What was your name again?"
She tells her.
"Oh. I thought you were ....(so and so)"
"Nope."
"Are you married?"
"No, I'm not."
"That is so great. That's why you look so great. Because you're not married. Marriage is so stressful, and it makes you ugly."
"Does it?"
"Yes! Look at me!"
"Ohhhh, no! You look great!"
"Not as good as you. My marriage was 13 years and look at what it did to me."
It is true that she didn't look as good as her. After declaring this beauty no-no, she turns to me, sees my ring and belly and says,
"I'm sorry. We must really be scaring you. You probably just got married and you have a baby on the way.."
"Yeah, I got married about a week ago, but it's fine."
Then she told me to get a C-Section done because hers was "fantastic".
To the woman behind her in line I said,
"I like your Christmas sweatshirt. She must have had one helluva morning."
She laughed and agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment