Friday, November 22, 2013

A Lengthy Transaction

I was rung up and voided three times. The first time, my Similac check didn't go through, because my coworker couldn't figure out which numbers to punch it in. Then my manager came over, and said that the check has to be entered in before the coupons. Which isn't true. So when he voided out my transaction, rung me up again, and tried to enter the check in first, he realized, as I stated, he was wrong. Then he rung me up again. And he misheard me when I said how many Hershey Kisses I had, so my coupon didn't go through. I made him put it through, because I knew it was valid. When I looked at my receipt, I realized he didn't charge me for one of my Kisses and he put through a coupon that wasn't actually valid. So we had to post-void it, and then re-ring it. Finally. I saved 38%

While in the aisles unloading totes, my manager came up to me and told me to switch with the guy at One because he is better at unloading totes. Which is true. But as I was about to agree, my manager also said he wanted me to switch because men are better at unloading that women. I found it odd and offensive that he would even bring up gender. I told him I thought he might be going to Hell.

While at the Register, I got a few questions and comments about my lip ring. One guy, with very obvious dentures, made a comment questioning how and why I would do that to my face, and I think I might have been so friendly, I threw him off. He seemed to regret his tone, and he tried to make nice. Then he told me he really liked my eyes, 'they are kinda scary!' and he seemed to regret that too. He let me know that he was really tired; he had just finished a 13 hour shift. He had to come back in because he forgot something.

We got out kind of late because my manager was dazed and confused. 


No comments:

Post a Comment