Friday, November 15, 2013

Mom and Son

Yesterday was a super-long day at work. It was terrible.

Today was better.

There was a mom and son who came to the register, while I was covering a break. The mom and son were kind of dressed up, and the mom kept asking her boy if he wanted anything else. He said no, and she said that it wouldn't be a problem if he did. He seemed reluctant to accept her gifts (they were buying toys) and she seemed to want to shell them out. She kept kissing the top of his head and whispering sweet nothings. It kind of freaked me out. I hope I'm not that weird with my son.

We got out early.

While on my lunch break I read an article in Tribune about a guy I used to know. He is looking at 10 years for hacking into websites and throwing out (on the Internet) personal information. But he also discovered some information about the U.S government, about them 'keeping track' of people who had participated in certain protests. He got caught because he was snitched out. It gave me something to think about while I finished closing. I hope he doesn't do 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment