Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Comments? Concerns?

I am very excited and nervous about the vast numbers of new followers I have gotten (thank you to all three of you!).

Today was kind of rough. Sometime before lunch I got this sickening feeling that none of my coworkers liked me. That I had done something to upset the delicate balance of love and hate that resides within this absurd retail family.
Clues to this sad but possible conclusion: I asked my manager to do a cash count because I had let a dollar fall out of my pocket and although I was sure it was mine, I didn't want to take a chance on the warmth of Loss Prevention. The first manager I asked ignored me completely. The second manager was putting up new mylars and gave me a very irritated look, but complied with my request. Unfortunately, our new change counter doesn't have the strip in the back to indicate the amount of change, so the person counting has to pull it all out and put in on the scale. He seemed a little high strung. End result: I got my dollar.

After lunch I had the pleasure of moving all the DVDs which never sell from one top shelf to the other top shelf. Then I moved all the cig shelves up a few notches. And by "I" I mean me, and two dudes I work with. Those shelves are pretty heavy (at least to me, with my T-Rex arms) and there were several notches for them to get stuck in. Which they did. Which allowed me to send a flurry of Turkish Camels, Turkish Camel Golds, and Turkish Camel Silvers all around the register area. Also, at one point I was sure my balancing act consisting of me on a milk crate, shouting, holding a heavy shelf and losing merchandise, would result in my tooth loss. It was then I called for help. Finally, I got someone to help, and with him the job actually got done. What didn't help was the girl on the register turning around telling us that the shelves were uneven, and miscounting which shelves should move where. She offered unsolicited and unhelpful advice. Keep eating those almonds please.

By the end of the day it seemed that things were ok with my coworkers.

Ooh. I got four 60ct bonus packs of Tums and two Monsters for about $5. I had an in-store coupon, two mnf coupons, and two mnf-but-only-for-our-store-use coupons. Yes I am proud of myself. And FYI-when a coupon says "do not double" it does not mean the consumer can't use more than one during a transaction. It just means that when a store is doubling coupons, that type of coupon cannot be doubled, it has to be taken at face value.

No comments:

Post a Comment