Thursday, August 2, 2012

Debit or Credit

"Debit or credit?"
I said as I took her card.
"Credit?"
I asked because she handed me the card.
"Yeah."
So I ran it as credit. And after I handed her the receipt, she holds up her card and says,
"This is a debit card. Did you run it as a debit? This is a debit card. You have to run it as a debit."
"Ok, well I ran it as a credit because when I said 'credit', you said 'yeah'. If you want to return all your stuff, then repurchase it, you can do so at the cosmetics counter."
She nodded so I called for a return in Cos.
Then a coworker came up to purchase his snacks and make snarky comments, and she continued to stand there. I put up a couple of cartons of smokes, noticed she was still there, and said,
"Did you need help with anything else?"
She smiled and shook her head. Then she said,
"What am I waiting for?"
"I was wondering that myself. What are you waiting for?"
"Well, aren't I returning this stuff? Isn't that what he had come over here for?"
"No, he came over to buy snacks and chat. Our returns happen in cosmetics."
"Well then what the hell am I doing? I can't understand a word you say, all your letters all jumbled..."
She finally walked away and over to cosmetics where she could talk to someone else about debits.

Free Advice: If you can't understand me, say "What?" or "Pardon?". Do not wait me out. Most people can't understand me, and I do not find it offensive if you tell me that you have no idea what I said. Because standing around like that is a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment