Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Two Freak-Outs

One was because this woman wanted to use four mnf coupons for three items. I told her that she could not use the extra mnf coupon because her Ziploc coupon counted for two. She said 'since when?' She got an attitude with me first, and I have a feeling that because English was obviously not her first language, there was a misunderstanding. I think she thought I was saying she couldn't use the third coupon for those items. Or she didn't understand that her Ziploc coupon was off of two. Then I wasn't sure if she actually wanted her stuff, so I threw it in my overstock basket. Apparently she did want her stuff. Then she accused me of not scanning her legit coupons. My sister says that I am normally sweet and don't start off with attitude until someone brings it. And apparently this woman brought it. She says she'll come back when I'm not here. I hope so.

A regular of mine really freaks me out, and it is getting to the point where I no longer feel obligated to put up with his bullshit. He comes in today and tells me that he has been waiting all day for me, and he is so happy to see me. Sounds ok, but totally creepy. Then he says I've put on a lot of weight since I quit smoking. I snapped at him and in a much-to-loud voice said that I'm preg, not fat. My manager comes up. I run his check through with only a few mishaps. He comes back in, and his check is denied six times before my coworker comes up and tries it. Then we move to another register. Still won't work. He is starting to get agitated so my manager reappears. There was a verbal altercation during which I thought the guy threatened to pee in our "lobby" and my manager tells him to stop swearing at him. The guy tells my manager that he doesn't call all the shots, and he isn't the shot-callers. Also, we have no idea what he lives with. A call to the cops was threatened, and the customer tells us that he is allowed to use our restroom because it is a public place. Which isn't true. My store is, in fact, private property.

No comments:

Post a Comment