Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Disturbed (the emotion, not the band)

Two disturbing things happened today at work.

1) This girl who used to bully me came in, and recognized me. She said she was sorry she was so mean.
"I'm sorry I was so mean to you."
"Thanks."
"I was really mean."
"I know, I remember."
"I'm sorry."
"Ok."
"How long have you been working here?"
"I try not to think about it, but almost four years."
"You look great. Your face looks pretty much the same (as it did when we were in 4th grade)."
"Thanks."
"Yeah, you're looking really good. Thats awesome."
"Thanks. I like your nails."
"Thanks."
What the hell was that?! Is she trying to make amends?

2) My manager said he got whooped as a kid, and he whoops his kid. He asked if I was going to whoop my kid. No. I am not.

A customer bought a pregnancy test, and the Catalina printed out a coupon for Similac Prenatal Vitamins, which I would find to be an omen. Several people bought pregnancy tests today.

Apparently the new store manager likes to change the schedule at the last minute, then yell at and threaten people when they don't show up for their new shift. I will be furious if that happens to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment