Monday, April 29, 2013

Nice Weather and Awkward Co-workers

I thought it would cool down significantly before we left work, and it didn't! So I got to leave in my t-shirt and it was awesome! And we were less busy than I would have thought with this weather.

I really missed my son (and my hubby) today. My boy took a long nap during the day and I felt like I missed out on hanging out with him. Even though I didn't. I'm working on filling out his baby book and it's kind of sad how fast he's grown up already.

The possible Head Beauty Advisor came up to me while I was behind the Cosmetics register, dressed in the Cos uniform and asked if I was working Cosmetics this evening. 'Uhh. Yeah.' Then she told me about the stuff she already did today, which didn't sound like much, and how I didn't have to do those things because she accomplished it all. Then she told me what I did have to do tonight, and how we need to up our sales on our register. I tried to be agreeable, but apparently I didn't really succeed because she kept looking at me, hoping for more excitement, I think. When she was done with her spiel, she said it was really awkward to have to tell me what needed to be done. It should be awkward. I went about my business, doing what the managers told me to do.

Another one of my coworker's last day is tomorrow, so he was exceptionally difficult tonight. He kept telling me how he was going to treat (the ghetto meaning of 'treat', btw) customers tomorrow. And how he was going to throw his shirt in the trash. And he asked me what he should do for his mom on Mother's Day, and where he should take his white-girl vegetarian girlfriend to eat. (Apparently she doesn't really do Thai or Indian, which I think is ridiculous.)

I finished my facing much sooner than expected so I was, in fact, proud of myself.

Two days down, two to go (in this four-day work week).

No comments:

Post a Comment