Tuesday, April 30, 2013

86 Degrees = I C Threes!!

Besides us being CRAZY busy, today was one of my coworkers' last day. And he was locked out of the system and he wasn't really into working. The other coworker was locked out too. And the mid-shift we thought we had, we didn't. So pretty much I just rung people up all day.

However, I finally found the guy who has been leaving the ChiTown Trample business cards all over the magazine section. He left me a special one on the counter after I rung him up. He was very nice and looked too vanilla to be running a foot fetish lifestyle and/or website. I am both flattered and a little creeped out.

The kinda white trash guy is back. He asked if I knew who ICP is. (Duh. Of course I know) And he showed me his trashy tattoo of their logo. Then he said he used to be a gangbanger, and the reason he hasn't been around is because he has been hanging out with a girl in Berwyn. Pretty sure he was drunk. And he called me baby. And his speaking voice was louder than necessary because he had his headphones (connected to an old-skool CD walkman) still in.

My "psychic" regular asked about my son's temperament. And said that he was going to be even-keeled because I worked so hard when I was pregnant. And she said she knows he'll be ok  because she knows the baby-daddy isn't trash. Because I would never mate with trash. True. Thank you.

I asked some guy if he had our membership card. And he said he wanted to shop anonymously. While waiting in line he was answering a lot of questions from a kid who wasn't his, because that kid's mom was ignoring him. At the end of the transaction he said I was the best-looking cashier they've had all day. Thank you for noticing.

It is astounding to me the number of parents who let their kids roam by themselves, or who aren't watching them while they put their mouths on my icky counter. That is how children get snatched. However, I did also witness some adorable parent-child moments. And it made me miss my boy.

Today was the type of day that makes me grateful for those other types I blogged about.

No comments:

Post a Comment