Monday, November 14, 2011

Mushrooms and Other Vegetables

One of our long-time regulars made an appearance today. She is old and I actually assumed she died because she hasn't been here awhile. Anyway, apparently she had to continue shopping elsewhere because she asked to leave her bags at my register. The leafy stalks of her vegetables were sticking out of the bags and my store manager came over and said "What the hell is this? What's happening?" And that threw me into a fit of giggles.

The weather has been getting chillier and people have been coming in their winter berets. I imagine them as little mushroom people toddling around my store. And I imagine our store as a bizarre garden. These mushroom people come up and pay their toll to get out of the store. And they toddle out wearing their mushroom caps.

I think I might be losing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment