Monday, November 7, 2011

Those Are Unwrapped Candies In Your Make-Up Bag

Someone came to my counter looking for cigarettes. No problem. What was a problem was that this individual (whom I thought was a male, but my co-worker thought was a female) had blood on his sweater. He also seemed to be using the pink and black polka-dotted make-up bag as a wallet. And from this "wallet" popped out an unwrapped, but obviously sucked-on butterscotch hard candy and a starlight mint. These sticky things were sitting on my counter while he was digging though the bag looking for a card. The card was found, and then unstuck from this gentleman's fingertips. I got him his Parliament smokes which he ripped the cellophane off of, then the foil, then the top of the box. All of these items he handed to me to throw away, and all of them I had to pull off his sticky fingers. He put the smokes, his card, and the two pieces of hard candy back into his bag/wallet. I have to admit, I was happy he took the candy with him and did not ask me to throw it away, but I am concerned about the overall contents and cleanliness of that little polka-dot of mayhem.

No comments:

Post a Comment