Thursday, November 10, 2011

That Customer

I listened to a hilarious transaction between my co-worker and a disgruntled customer. She yelled at me first, asking about Prilosec or Prevacid, and asked me to call someone over there so we could unlock it for her. When she came to the register, there was a miscommunication about her coupons and the amount of raisins she was purchasing. I heard him say "One coupon per item." And then he turned to me so I could verify that with a head nod. She was yelling about how she wanted to use her two Prevacid coupons, but maybe she could just get another box so she could use both her coupons. She sent my co-worker to get her another box. He came back with the wrong item and she just about had a heart attack. When the transaction was complete, she came back and told him he charged her for too many raisins. He politely disagreed and sent her to another counter to get a refund. Which wasn't necessary because he didn't actually charge her for too many raisins. Every time she got loud and fussy he responded quietly with a "yeah", "is that so?" or an "I don't think so." His responses to her were calm and serene and very funny under the circumstances. When she finally left I told him he cracked me up with his customer service skills and he admitted that he wanted to strangle her or tell her to calm the fuck down because whatever she thought was a big deal, wasn't. His approach to the work we do makes me laugh. Although maybe this is one of those "you had to be there" stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment