Monday, November 28, 2011

Toast Spread

8:10 am
My co-worker and I were chit-chatting at the register when this guy rushes in and asks us if we know where the toe spray is.
"Toe spray?" I say
The guy, impatiently: "Yes, the toe spray."
"Aisle 8"
My co-worker turns to me and mouths "Ewww."
A few minutes later the guy yells to me from down the aisle "Aisle 8? Are you sure? I don't see it."
"I'm sorry, sir. What did you need?"
"TOAST SPREAD!"
"Toast spread?" And I'm thinking, jelly? Does he want jelly? Nutella? What? Who says "toast spread" anyway? So I reply "Aisle 9?" Because perhaps he wants some butter.
He yells out "Are you guessing?"
"Yes. I do not know what you are asking for."
"Toast spread!"
I yell out to the same co-worker to help him out and I hear the muffled reply of her annoyed yet confused answer. "Sir, I have never heard it called that. Aisle 9. Sorry."
Apparently the man wanted toast bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment