Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Battery Died

I would like to thank my three co-workers who were real helpful and concerned about my car fiasco today. Thank you to Co-Worker #1 for trying to help jump my car and for moving cars around our lot. And for offering to do it much earlier in the day and for letting me put garbage bags in my windows. Thanks to Co-Worker #2 for lending us your keys so we could move your car even though you looked very nervous about doing so. Thanks to Co-Worker #3 for using up some of your lunchtime to stand around with me, looking concerned and offering comments.

While on my lunch break my battery died. My stereo stopped working, and I couldn't roll my window up. I came in from lunch, clocked in, and asked one of my co-workers if he would jump my car. He was all set to do it right then. I told him we might as well wait until I clocked out because I can't go anywhere right now anyway. When I told him my window was down, he let me run outside with some garbage bags so my interior didn't get totally soaked. (It has been raining all day.) Finally, my workday had officially ended, and I clocked out. We went out to my car and realized we would have to move someone else's car. So we went back inside and I talked to the new guy at the register and asked him to either move his car, or give us the keys. He tried to get Co-Worker #3 to cover for him but #3 was already on his lunch. So #1 and #3 and I go outside and rearrange cars. #3 and I stand around for a minute before I tell him I appreciate his willingness to help, but he should be eating his lunch. So he goes inside. #1 and I stand around my car and I get my jumper cables. I brush past my garbage bag windows and try to open my hood. But the release isn't working. I get him to try it and he can't do it either. I'm feeling pretty stupid and he is looking real stressed out and says I might be popped. Then he asks if I had called my boyfriend yet. I told him no, because he is still at work. I get him to try again and we still can't get it. So I let him know I really appreciate his help, and I guess I'll walk home. I go inside to tell my manager not to tow my car. She says I need to get it by midnight because the towing company does overnight towing. She realized that at her old store when she told some woman they wouldn't tow her car and the store had to give this woman tow money.
Anyway, I walked home and my boyfriend picked me up a few hours later to go back to my car. Which he jumped successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment