Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nice Eyeliner and Face

I got several "you're so pretty" comments today (made mostly by women so it wasn't creepy) and one comment about my eyeliner. An older woman was impressed by how straight my eyeliner is. She says her eyeliner never ends up that straight and she has never attempted the cateye but she really likes how I did it. Straight eyeliner is a gift from my Higher Power.

I rung up these two cute girls for a bunch of cleaning supplies, junk food, and, oh yeah, a $200 gift card. I asked her for her ID when she gave me her credit card and noticed the names didn't match. I immediately called my manager. When he finally came up he said there was nothing he could do. She got all upset and said that it was her grandpa's card and she always uses it and she is an authorized user. All of a sudden she seemed just a tad stupid. My manager calls me from the office to tell me that her ID didn't look like her. In the interest of moving things along, I said
"So....what? What do I say to her? What do you want me to do? Are you actually doing anything? Will you come out here and deal with this?"
He stays in the office for about ten minutes apparently debating over whether or not to call Discover. Meanwhile, I have to move to a different register and listen to these girls talk about how if I hadn't called the manager this wouldn't be happening. She kept claiming she is an authorized user but she leaves the store with no merchandise. She didn't seem as pissed as I was anticipating.

We were expecting a delivery from noon to 1 p.m., which is usually when I take my lunch. I had to take an 11:30 lunch after a 10:30 fifteen so by 3pm I was stressed the hell out. And hungry. And since our delivery didn't arrive until the late afternoon, I thought perhaps my manager was fucking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment