Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Southern Twang

I was having a discussion with the H.B.A about being a vegetarian and/or having one's diet restricted by religious beliefs and practices. She told me she got a bucket of seafood at Joe's Crab Shack and she specifically requested no sausage. When she was almost done, she noticed there was a huge sausage at the bottom of the bucket. I told her I went to an Italian place and told them I didn't want the meatballs on top of the spaghetti. When I got the plate, there was two big meatballs on top of my spaghetti. "Get these damn balls off my dinner." While I telling her this story, the Fed-Ex guy was at my counter. "Get these damn balls off my dinner" was the only part of the story he heard. I turned to him and told him he missed the rest of the story
..."still kinda funny, though, huh?"
"I think I heard the best part. It sounds like you got a little Southern twang when you get excited."
"Yeah, a little. I don't know where it came from. I'm from here."
"Well, I love it. Keep it, it sounds good on you. I'm a tarhead so I know how it is."
I do not know what a tarhead is.

I bought a whole lotta Lysol products because I had all the coupons. And I even scored two buy-one-get-one free packages of those Lysol wipes. I spent more than I thought I would, though. Almost $20 for
two Lysol toilet cleaners
two packages of Wonderful Pistachios
two b1g1 packages of Lysol wipes
two 20-oz Pepsi Nexts
one can of Lysol Disinfectant
a 42-oz bag of Robin Eggs (what was I thinking?!)

I was kind of mean, or at least not very friendly, to the girl who came in at 4:30. She will be joining me in the Hallmark aisle and I am very stressed by this. The Hallmark rep is coming tomorrow to properly train me in everything, and to check up on my Mother's Day display. I told my boss I would dress nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment