Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Awkward

Today was pretty awkward. Although I'm not sure why. I punched in about 27 minutes late because I thought I worked at 4:30 but actually worked at 4. Nobody noticed.
My coworker asked if I had a bald spot because my hair was pulled back weird.

I sent in my disposable camera with the hopes that it has some photos of me and the boy at the hospital. When I was taking the order for a guy and his kid, I told him he wouldn't get the negatives back, only a CD. His kid asked, "what are negatives?" I thought he was being a smart-ass, but apparently that was a legit question. It made me sad...for the demise of the photography that was once so solitary and complicated and artistic.

A group of unsupervised kids were running around, being noisy, and messing with my Hallmark gift bags. My manager told them to hush, or he would call their parents. They were too young to realize we couldn't really do that without their cooperation. So the littlest girl started fussing and her big brother/ the big kid put his hand over her mouth and then her nose and she totally panicked. She starts screaming louder and the other kids look real stressed out. Then she starts that hysterical, panicked cry and the big kids picks her up and they rush out of the store. That never would have happened if my manager hadn't said anything. Which never would have happened if they came to the store with their parent and/or guardian. Moral of the story: be nice to your siblings and watch your damn kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment