Sunday, December 1, 2013

Midshift

Yup, another midshift.

A deaf guy yelled at me. I realized he was deaf early in the transaction, so I made sure to speak clearly with my face towards his face. He pointed to the ad paper to make sure I was getting his coupons. But at the end of the transaction we realized I didn't ring up one of his mints. He freaked out! I told him I didn't mean to...and he said that I was making all these people wait. I told him I had to return his mint, and then charge him for the second one. I did the return really fast and by the end of the transaction he was telling me to have a good day. Obviously he had calmed down. I did feel bad, but he didn't have to yell like that.

A young teen came to register and she wanted to use a previous receipt as a coupon. It took me a minute to even understand that was what she wanted to do because it doesn't make any sense. She saw the savings on the last receipt and thought she could use that for this purchase. Which obviously doesn't work. There were a couple of other transactions that made no sense because people don't speak English and don't understand coupons or our coupon policy. But there were other transactions that were very well planned out.

I helped a guy find his Coricidin. While I was ringing him up, I told him we used to lock up the boxes because people had been using them to get high a few years ago. He said he remembers that because he used to get high with it.

I saw an anorexic and my co-worker told me she wanted to be a body builder. How different the perfect female form can be perceived.

No comments:

Post a Comment