Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Wrap

While I was covering the Register, the guy on lunch called to ask if I wanted his mother to make me a wrap. He asked if I ate meat (I do not) and he said it probably wouldn't be as good, but he'd bring me one anyway. And he did! I didn't know we were on that level.

My first job today was wrapping a gift from my boss to another manager at another store. Good thing I went to art school. He gave me the rest of the roll too.

I helped a foreigner find mineral oil and an eyedropper. He wanted to put the mineral oil in his ear (the back of the bottle said that it was constipation remedy). When I asked the pharmacist if the mineral oil we found was the kind a person could put in one's ear, he told me that it was an old remedy, which he does not recommend, but people do it anyway. The guy who was purchasing the oil clarified what the pharmacist said.

I rung up this woman who had two transactions. With both transactions, she was purchasing 30 99 cent cards (and 30 99 cent New Year's cards, respectively) and a package of Butterball bacon (which was also 99 cents). She had two buy-$30-save-$5-(or$10)-coupons. Then she had several Hallmark Facebook coupons. She paid about $6 total. It was pretty impressive. I was happy to scan her coupons, but I wasn't happy when she tried to tell me how to scan them. Repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment