Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Kids Won't Be Like That

The first customer I had was one of my least favorite regulars. She always takes a long time at the register because she has to argue and fuss and do the math really slow. She leans on the counter and asks about things that are none of her business. She  gets into loud and stupid arguments with her whiny daughter. Today was no different.

One of the youngish, hipster girls I see regularly asked,
"Do people always tell you their pregnancy stories?"
"Yes, thank you for noticing! There is something about pregnancy that makes people get crazy. Even I have trouble not saying stuff to ladies I think are pregnant. Because God forbid she is just chunky."
"Yeah, that happened to my friend. She cried a lot."
"That is exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid."

No comments:

Post a Comment