Monday, June 30, 2014

The Big Storm

 I worked during a huge storm that darkened the sky, flooded the streets, and made the rain come down in sheets. It was intense. There was a clap of thunder that startled me .

We had extra people, which was nice. But only one of us, not me, got out early.

A Latino man came to my register, as he was putting a pad back in his pocket. He wanted to make sure he was buying the right thing. His anxiety was funny and kind of heartwarming.

I've been getting dizzy a lot today. At work.

A woman was wanting to buy formula that wasn't on her WIC check, and I rung her up for. Then I realized the price difference and then I noticed that I rung her up for the wrong formula. I already wrote the price in, and I had my manager white it out. She didn't want the  formula on her check, for some reason. Her boyfriend came in and fussed, but accomplished nothing.

It was raining lightly when we left.





No comments:

Post a Comment