Monday, December 19, 2011

Cosmetics and Assyrians

I was in cosmetics today, but I spent a while at the register stocking my cigarettes. I was super-tired, and kind of useless. It took me a long time to accomplish anything. And the day did not go as fast as anticipated. I got off at 4, which didn't come soon enough. As I clocked out, the next shift clocked in and she said there were cops outside because there was some woman who was falling all over our parking lot, and possibly in the street. She was drunk, evidentially.

One of my regulars asked if I was over 21, then said: "I only want to know because I am trying to ask you out for a drink." It seems when he gets stressed out, his accent comes out more. And when I told him I don't drink, and was about to mention I have a boyfriend, he interrupted me to say: "Tea? Lunch? Something?" Except not that desperate. When I relayed this info to my Assyrian coworker he said this guy must be Assyrian because he asked me out for tea instead of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment