Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sherlock Holmes

I am reading a book written from a series of letters the author found in trunk willed to her. It is about the female friend of Sherlock Holmes. The protagonist's ability to recall details about people and situations is something I envy. It is something I need to work on, in the event I am ever called upon to be an eyewitness in a situation at my store. However, whenever I find myself committing something to memory about a person, I also find myself staring at said person, which is rude and unhelpful.

I have started wearing my glasses more often than my contacts, because my glasses are actually my right prescription. Many of my regulars have finally noticed, and then commented. Luckily for my self-esteem, they have all been good comments.

My first customer today was a guy in a jacket with a fur lining, unzipped at the top. He wore a blue button-up, and was tanned. He mentioned how cold it was and I answered that it was indeed chilly outside. He volunteered that he was from Palm Beach, to which I said "Wow, you're far from home. What brings you up here? You're going to need a better winter coat. It gets a lot worse." He said he is only here for a few days a couple of times of year for work. It was 81 degrees when he left. I told him he needs winter accessories like mittens, hat, and scarf. I might have sounded like my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment