Friday, December 9, 2011

Roommates and The New Guy

I got to train the newest guy today. He was pretty chill. Which is a nice way of saying he moved kind of slowly. I like him, though. Seems like he will be fun to work with. And he wore dress shoes, a white button-up and dress pants, which I appreciated since so many (or all) of us dress way down.

I had a roommate in college who smoked an unbelievable amount of pot, adjusted the heater and a/c frequently and unnecessarily, cooked and ordered out more than I thought possible and NEVER cleaned up after herself. When we were all cleaning out the apartment to move out, she had conveniently disappeared. She left many items, including a Kermit the Frog bowl, which I still have. Her idiot boyfriend seemed to live with us as well. She was adopted and spoiled beyond belief. She went to a private high school and lacked a basic understanding about how to deal with people and the world in which we live. Point of the story: I saw her and her boyfriend today at my work. I even rung them up! They bought a Monster and a yellow Gatorade. I did not acknowledge them in any way, aside from the usual customer service acknowledgment. Being in the town over from where I grew up, I see quite a few people I know from my past. Even though I feel I should expect it now, it still always comes as a surprise. I usually like surprises, but some I could do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment