Monday, January 16, 2012

Checking IDs and Remembering Coupons

Dear S.B.A
Our new EXA told me that he has been getting too many returns because of unscanned coupons. He said I need to ask people if they have any coupons before I finish the transaction. That is ridiculous. Obviously he doesn't know how I feel about coupons. The real issue here is that people don't know how to read the ad tags so they don't tell me there is an in-store coupon. I don't feel that I should be responsible for every ad tag and every coupon in my possession. What needs to happen is people need to watch the register and try to make sure things ring up right before their transaction is finished. And the EXA needs to recognize that most of our customers don't pay attention and that is not my fault. I scan and memorize coupons more than any of the other cashiers.
The other issue that came up was this guy ran in and claimed that his gift cards weren't working and he thought the cashier didn't activate it or something. I sent him over to camera for a return and while the guy was running around the store the EXA looked at me and said "Did you ring him up? We have a problem, and I need to talk to you for a second."
I said, "I didn't ring that guy up. I would have remembered him because I like his tattoos."
He asked me if that was my ID number at the top of the receipt and before I could answer he said people come in with stolen credit cards and I need to check IDs. I got a little attitude with him and told him for gift card purchases with a credit card I always check IDs and that isn't even my ID number.
I think he thinks I'm new or stupid and he best ta recognize that I know what I am doing and I can handle the activities that go on up front.
Love, Kimbrella
Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment