Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Possible Gambling Problem

Dear S.B.A,
This Asian guy comes in and wants to know if he can purchase more than one Pay Online card on his credit card. I thought at first they might be like the Greendot cards wherein one can only purchase them with cash. But he said they weren't and I gave it a shot. The maximum amount on each card was $500. So he purchased the first card as a test run with the maximum value. Of course I ID'd him because he was using a credit card to make said purchase. He went back to get five more cards. On each card he put the maximum value. He gave me his ID for the second transaction too, which I appreciated. Obviously he just spent more than two grand. I was a little appalled and stressed because I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. He told me that this is the only tender his online poker games will accept. I am now concerned I might have been an unknowing enabler to a gentleman with a serious gambling problem. (Hopefully he won't spend it all today.) What would you have done?
Heart, Kimbrella

No comments:

Post a Comment