Monday, March 5, 2012

The Inability to Show Up to Work and Get Onto This Blog

First of all, I almost forgot what I was going to write about because I just spent fifteen minutes avoiding surveys and trying to get to my page. Finally I had to click on blogger.com.

Anyway, today is the bazillionith day one of my coworkers didn't show up for the mid-shift. There are a few issues going on:
1) they employees in question are not putting their availability up on the schedule.
2) they are putting it up and my boss is ignoring it
3) they are trying to put it up but for some reason can't submit it on time or in a readable manner.
Whatever is going on, it is screwing over those of us who actually come to work. Here is what I see: people can't make their shifts because of school or whatever. But they don't get someone who can cover the full shift. Ms. SBA and I were conferencing (a.k.a gossiping) and we started to get real mad. What would happen if everyone did that? Why do they get to do that on a regular basis, but when the two of us show up a few minutes late we feel guilty? How much longer is this going to go on before someone gets fired?
I find it appalling that this can continue to happen, and that the people who are scheduled have proved themselves so unreliable that they can't even get someone to cover the shift appropriately. And sometimes when these people show up two hours into their shift, they stay two hours later so their paychecks never take a hit.
I discussed this issue with my boss in a relatively calm manner and he seemed to feel the same way. Something better change soon. This seemingly double-standard can only go on for so much longer before I really freak out.
If these issues didn't directly affect my breaks and my work in the Hallmark aisle, I might not be so crabby about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment