Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Late to Work

I clocked in eleven minutes late today because I woke up late and I couldn't find my car keys so I walked. I called to let them know I was going to be about fifteen minutes late. From my house phone because my cell phone was dead. Dang.

Later in the day my coworker was continuing a conversation with me, so I stopped pulling my cart to stand and talk with her. My boss came up outta nowhere with his eyes all wide and crazy and almost yelled
"So I guess you have nothing to do?"
"Oh my lord", I gasped, "Goddamnit, I was busy when she started talking to me and I wanted to be polite so I stopped to listen!" I yelled. I turned to her and said
"How could you let this happen?"
"I didn't know he was right there!"
"He is always right there! Don't talk to me!"

I clocked out six minutes late.

No comments:

Post a Comment