Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Back To Normal

I was back at my home store. Today was warehouse day. I noticed there were fewer totes, and that the warehouse sent over a lot of our stuff in kinda flimsy boxes. I wonder what their reasoning is.

I helped this older woman find nail polish. She was flustered at the colors we had, which were apparently too bright and for young people. She also had a problem with chipping, and she wanted something that wouldn't show it too much. After I recommended Wet N' Wild and Sally Hansen Hard As Nails, I rung her up at my register. She had told me she was headed on vacation within the next few days, and she wanted something for her vaycay to show off to her friends. So when I told her to have a good trip, she said she might, because of my help. She also told me I was very sweet. I felt like I might be starring in a training video for how to interact with customers nicely, while in Cos.

I saw this mom and kid wandering through my store, and the kid had one of my big balloons from the Hallmark aisle. I knew she wasn't going to buy it, and sure enough, ten minutes later, the damn kid is screaming his head off near the door. I will never understand why parents let their kids hold balloons and toys they have no intention of buying. It seems like it sends mixed signals to the child. And it creates work for us. And it makes those damn kids act a fool when they leave. Although maybe I should wait for a few months before I start judging.

I prevented two unwanted belly-touches by yelling and backing away. The second one was more funny because she said she acted like that too, except more rude.

I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment