Thursday, October 11, 2012

What Not To Wear

I read an article in Psychology Today that said worker's appearances are more put together on Monday and slowly declined throughout the week. Because people psych themselves up to get back to work Monday. It would seem that no one psychs themselves up to go to my store. One heavyset woman was wearing a red, stretched-out Christmas shirt that said 'Joy' across the front. No good. Another woman, mom of three, had a misshapen grey nylon skirt over faded imitation Adidas track pants. Her shirt was an unfortuante shade of green, with some logo on the front. Her sweatshirt was tied around her waist. And she was wearing cheap-looking running shoes. I have my own sloppy days, but I try not to wear clothes that look like I found them behind a building. I also have a basic standard of what I have to look like to show up in public. It would seem that many people who come through my store do not have that standard.

My manager showed me two videos of his cat. He got the cat from some woman in the airport and brought him home in a box. He kept trying to tell me it was his ma's cat, but he had several stories and two videos of his "mother's cat". At least I'm upfront about my love of my cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment