Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back Again

I had work this evening, after a lovable four days off.

I got a true and great compliment on my eyes...yes, they are amazing.

I helped the new guy learn photo. And I took in a disposable camera for this girl's order; upon closer inspection it had
"Makes you see weird shit"
or something like that, written on the front. The wrapper was covered in pot leaves, and the examples on it were pictures of "weird shit". Like a dog wearing sunglasses, or cupcakes dancing around the open road/sky. She said she got it from Urban Outfitters. Seemed pretty cool, although a little stupid. It would be annoying to me to know there would be other images over my images, but not know what or where those other images were.

I was processing an order, and noticed there seemed to be something a little odd about the images. As more and more of them came in, I realized they were old (from the early 60's, probably) and they were just regular family snapshots! I love that stuff! I did my senior thesis on the idea of a snapshot, and how we look at them today, how we can interpret them differently based on the time period, how frequent they are with the coming of the digital age...it took a lot of willpower not to stand there and look at all of them (there were over 50). But I'm really happy I got to glimpse what I did, being the voyeur that I am.

It was the last day for a coworker I was really beginning to like. She says she'll be back in December. I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment