Thursday, August 1, 2013

The New Kid and The Late Night

My co-worker and I agreed that if our manager wants to get out early, he should help us close. And he should be aware that the new guy doesn't know how to face or manage his time or anything. If my manger wants to get out early, he shouldn't give me a couple of extra chores, or tell me to help the new guy. Incidentally, the other managers help us close.

This woman that I'm "friends" with (her baby is three months younger than mine), came to my register. We were having a good conversation, until I told her she couldn't get the Dole pineapple juice on her WIC check. She started saying that she could get any kind of juice she wanted and the there was a sign in front of it that said we accept SNAP, and she just kept talking. It was really irritating. Then I noticed the damn check was expired. So even when I told her she couldn't use that one, she was still talking about the f'ing juice. Her new check didn't have any juice...but it did have beans. Which she didn't want. Why bother with WIC checks if you're going to let them expire and you're not going to get everything on the list?

During my lunch break I listened to the rain on the roof, and the thunder rumbling. The room I was in doesn't allow me to hear the pages that well. So that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment