Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Things First

We were super-busy today. I think it might be because of the back-to-school stuff.

I rung up a mom and daughter, and when the mom rushed away to grab something else, I asked the girl (who was maybe 12) when school started. She looked at me like I was a moron, and said in a low voice,
"It already started."
The mom came back, and I told her about our 'conversation', and she and I had a good laugh. She said she hoped I wasn't offended. I said,
"Not at all! It was very funny, the way she answered. And obviously I should know when school starts...I mean, what kind of dum-dum doesn't know that?"
We had another good chuckle.

I was ringing up a woman with a lot of tattoos, and a guy in another store's uniform. I complimented her on her ink because they were bright, and well done, and I don't see that many women with ink like that. I told her me and my sister have matching tatts, and we wanted to get an embellishment done on them. She asked what it was of, our matchies, so I awkwardly lifted my leg up and showed her the one on my right leg. Then she told me her sister, who is in her fifties, just got one done. We admitted that they do hurt. In retrospect, it was a little weird of me to show her like that, but whats' done is done.

Apparently everyone in the store needs Sundays off, which annoys me greatly. I am hoping because I was one of the first to start this trend, the manager will remember that and act accordingly.

Some young guy came up to the photo counter to ask about his application. I hope we hire someone new, because some of the folks we have need help.

I called another store to ask if they would process a customer's black and white film. We chatted for a minute, and he said they would try. I asked if they still did the 1-hour photo service, and he said no! I was totally surprised and told him that the system told me they did, and I may or may not have been sending customers there for that service. He jokingly said,
"That was you?! I'll have to remember your name. Yeah, we've been getting a lot of people in."
I found a store that actually still has that service, verified with a phone call. And I was telling all involved that a person could process black and white film with color chemicals, but it gives the film a slightly pinkish tint. I know this because I went to college.

We put up some Halloween candy! Already!


No comments:

Post a Comment