Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fraud and Crying Passports

Yesterday these two ladies came in and had a really intense scam going on. They had several (like, 7) Citibank cards, which all matched their ID. When purchasing a Visa gift card, I had to get my manager to swipe his ID, and they gave me an access code that worked. Apparently we were supposed to call Visa and get the code from them. The ladies had three or four purchases each, and they bought gift cards with each one. Luckily I was paying attention to the federal law and didn't ring them up for more than $500.

Also yesterday, a little girl came up to me and asked if we were going to stop selling things.
"What?"
"Are you still going to sell stuff? Or are you closing down?"
"I...we are not closing down. We close at midnight. And we'll be open at seven tomorrow morning."
"So you'll keep selling stuff?"
"Yes."
It really threw me off.

Today I had a lot of baby/pregnancy conversations. I rung up a woman for her photos, and she spread her photos out on the counter. I noticed one with her shirt pulled up, showing (only) her pregnant belly. She has a picture of the day her baby was conceived.

Also today, I was able to get a passport of a little girl who just finished a freak-out. For some reason, whenever her parents put her in front of the white board, she started crying. Her mother assured me it wasn't my fault. After several attempts, she cheered up and even started to smile and clap. Her passport was adorable. And her mother thanked me for being so patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment